12 January 2011

Feeling busy

The past few months have felt pretty busy for us.  My doctor told me he didn't think I would make it all the way to my due date, so I believed him and two weeks before the due date I started to feel anxiety (and contractions) over when the baby would come and if I would be prepared for the holidays, Victoria's birthday, and the baby's arrival.  The baby didn't come two weeks early... relief, but then again... wishing...
Christmas came and went, the baby didn't come... so tired of being pregnant!!!! Still, not too bad because I could still make Victoria's birthday cake... so much pain, no consistent contractions...
Victoria had a fun birthday.  She went out on a Daddy-Daughter-Date and had ice cream.  We made her a castle cake, and she opened a few presents.  I can't believe I have a four year old! 
My due date, the one I wasn't supposed to make it to, came and went, and so did the New Year.  We were tired of waiting for baby so we headed to Kanosh to celebrate with the family.  Sure it seemed a little crazy to go on a 2.5 hour drive when I was supposed to be going into labor "anytime," but we were sure glad we were  where we wanted to be and not sitting at home wishing, waiting, and wondering.  We spent the weekend there and on the morning of the third, we left Victoria and Leah at Grandma's house and we came back to the city.  The doctor checked me.  I said I wanted to be done.  He arranged to meet us at the hospital in a couple of hours and we went out to eat.  Then at 2:30 pm, I got a little help from medical science and went into labor.   Diliana (pronounced DeeLeeAwna) was born at 7:02 p.m.  Yes, I know we told people we were naming her Genevieve, but after thinking about it a lot, we decided she just looks too Bulgarian to have a name like Genevieve, Genevieve is not at all Bulgarian, Diliana is. I think it's a beautiful name, but if you can't handle it, you can call her Didi (Dee Dee).  :) Words cannot describe the relief and joy at having her here.  The girls really love their baby, and I am happy to say that they are adjusting pretty well to her and she to them.   

 The birthday princess in her new cape (which she calls her "princess cave")

 Diliana, just finished getting weighed (7 lb. 9 oz.) and labeled.
Eyes still puffy, but washed up and peaceful.