12 August 2008

Babysitting

On Mondays and Wednesdays Victoria and I get to babysit our little neighbor, Matthew. Most days it is good and Victoria likes to help feed and change him and is always trying to get him addicted to the binky. She likes her binky a lot, why wouldn't every baby want to be addicted too? Other days are harder when she feels like her mom's attention is a little too stretched between the two of them and she tries to demand more for herself. We're hoping this babysitting stuff will get her a little more used to the idea of having a little sister soon.

Yesterday started off a little rough with both kids crying for attention and sleep. I actually had to rock Victoria to sleep, something I haven't done for months and months. Happily the day improved after naps and we ended up having a pretty good day.