10 August 2008

Long Day

Yesterday was quite the day! It started off with a Primary Party.
We were supposed to start our Party at 10 AM. After staying up til 2 AM (Procrastination doesn't work) and then getting up at 7 to finish getting ready, I was a little tired. I thought I had it well planned, but at 9:55 AM when I still didn't have my help except one counselor and a neighbor, I didn't know what was going to happen. At 10 I called Stoyan, "Bring Victoria and get down here! I need help!!" Around 10:05 the kids began arriving and so did help in the form of both primary teachers and parents and Stoyan. I sent Stoyan to cut fruit, but wasn't clear about what I wanted and he thought I wanted him to leave. Good thing one of the teachers went to check to see if it was getting done. Needless to say with the kids and help arriving at the same time I wasn't able to inform the help what was going on as well as I had hoped. The whole thing came off a little unorganized and crazy, but hopefully a few of the kids had a good time.



After the party I came home to a disaster area. I don't know how we do it, but we can sure mess up the place fast. I couldn't even take a nap because it was driving me crazy. Luckily I have a good husband who told me he'd give me five hours of his time to clean up the house however I wanted. :) Hurray! Together we got so many things done that have been waiting for a good time. I love to move things around and am constantly changing where things go so we did a lot of reorganizing. We even washed windows... but we decided we need to invest in a good squeegee because leaning out of a fourth story window to clean the outside with paper towels just isn't very effective. After a good cleaning day I was definitely ready for sleeping. Wish I had some before and after pictures, but no one would really appreciate them except me. Here are some cute pictures of Victoria and her daddy playing together. They wear me out just watching them.