25 July 2008

Hmmm...

Two weeks are gone. I can't believe how fast time goes!!!!!


Stoyan did finish his model, HURRAY! HURRAY! This means I get to see him more... right? Oh, well a little more anyway. :) Sunday afternoon he took us to my parents' home and then the next morning at 4:00 a.m. was off to scout camp in the Uintas. It was really nice to be out of the city though. I almost cried... oh, actually I did cry when we came back to the city, but of course the country has its setbacks like... dial-up internet and.... hmmm, can't think of any more at the moment, oh, more bugs. I like to think the bugs are cleaner there though :) just like the dirt is cleaner and the air is clearer. Here are a couple pictures of the finished product. It's a golf clubhouse in Park City.


Speaking of bugs, there are a whole lot of grasshoppers at Mom and Dad's house. They are eating the leaves off of Mom's poor little stick trees. She will forever be at war with bugs that eat trees. I imagine the millenium will be tree-eating-bug-free. There's something to look forward to Mom.


While at Mom and Dad's I cut some wood to make a toddler bed for Victoria. I thought it would be pretty easy, it was. But then I got Stoyan to put the bed together for me and that was when we realized I didn't cut things as precisely as needed. Stoyan spent a long time fighting my boards and junky screws (how can people make and sell such junk, it was like trying to put together a bed with screws made of soda cans!) and he finally got it together. Victoria likes it, but hasn't slept on it because it still needs to be finished.

All in all, it isn't the fanciest of beds, but I am pretty sure it will be a lot tougher than most of the affordable beds I looked at, besides this bed cost a lot less. I guess if you're looking for sturdy, 2x4's are the way to go. We'll see how she sleeps on it.


The family reunion was a lot of fun. We went to Palisade Lake and got burned. Stoyan lost his wedding ring on the floating dock/island thing and I was pretty mad. I had to say a quick prayer to help me calm down and what do you know... Jake found his ring, not on the bottom of the lake as we supposed, but it had fallen between the cracks of the dock and was on the pontoon that keeps the island afloat. Talk about miracles and the Lord wanting us to know he cares how we feel! I had thought it was gone forever.

Well, there's more to tell, but no time to do it. Oh well.