Saturday I was so glad to have a nice patch of sunlight streaming in through my front window, I curled up to take a nice cat nap in the warmth. It turned into a nice cat slumber and I missed my eye appointment, but boy did I enjoy it! I feel sorry for all those poor unfortunate people who don't have a nice south facing window during the wintertime where you can just curl up in the sunshine. Here is one case where old windows that let the warmth in, is welcome! And yes, this is a picture of my patch of sunlight, and yes, I vacuumed just that spot to take a picture of it. (I'll finish the vacuuming after my nap:) ) It's so great that even little things can bring happiness, take for instance our little family "outing" the other day. We thought we would go to the dollar theater to watch a movie, but when we got there we found that the movies playing weren't what we wanted to see, so Stoyan and I watched the girls take a few rides on the machines they had next to the theater. I would say how happy it made me to have cheap entertainment, but I was actually a little appalled that they charge $0.75 for one ride! Are you kidding me?! That kind of ride should cost about $0.10 at the most! Who would pay that anyway?... oh yeah I was trying to stop the sarcasm. Well, the girls liked the rides and we still spent less than we would have going to the movie. I like to see my kids happy.
![]() |
| What's that? The grass is always greener on the other side? |



As I try to figure out how in the world to arrange pictures with blogger I am NOT finding joy in the irritating way they keep jumping all over the page. I guess, I'd better move on to more thoughts of joy before I scream and wake the baby up from her nap.
Final joy thought:
I don't really consider myself very talented. I can do a lot of things, but nothing really really well. I was talking to a lady one day about knitting or something like that, and she said, someone said to her, that she would never be really good at knitting because she was too willing to accept less than perfect work. I'm sure I got the wording wrong, but you get the idea. I've thought about this regularly, and I think it describes my problem fairly precisely, I like things to be perfect, but I'm too willing to take less than perfect so I just do things "sort of" but never REALLY WELL. (for example the doll crib I made recently and this blog) But, I do find a lot of joy in others' talents, especially when they do them REALLY WELL :)
I often find myself getting sidetracked on the internet watching videos of people doing amazing things, I usually come away feeling a little awed, and a little excited, and hoping to improve my talents just a little. (Occasionally I come away depressed.:) ) I also really enjoy watching my family in their talents. One talent that Stoyan has and of which I've been in awe of since I met him, is his drawing/painting ability. When we first met he couldn't speak English very well so this talent came in very handy. Whenever he didn't know a word, he just drew a picture. I could always tell what he was trying to say and it worked out great. I definitely always want him on my team when playing...what is that game called where you draw a picture and the other people guess the phrase? Well, whatever, these days his art is still inspiring to me, but we don't usually have to use it to communicate with each other. One of his paintings he did this summer was one that I picked for him to do from a photograph out of my grandparents' photos. I really liked the painting and we had it sitting on our shelf when my brother came to visit. He recognized the building in the painting and said it was the schoolhouse my grandpa attended in Missouri. I was pretty surprised because I had thought it was just a random old barn. According to my brother, my grandpa's class was the last class to go to school there. Now the painting has a little more significance and I'm even more inspired by my hubby's talent.
So, now I think this post is really too long, but I needed to catch up with my daily joy posts. I hope you can find a little bit of joy in your life every single day!



