12 February 2012

Mmmm.....Joy!

The candy bar that has the most appropriate name is the delicious, sweet, chocolatey, coconutty, Almond Joy! And I wish the Hershey company would pay me a truck-load of Almond Joys for saying so. But since they probably won't, my goal for the next week is to find a bundle of money so I can buy myself a truckload for myself... hmm... "give a man a fish girl an Almond Joy, feed him her for a day second, teach a man to fish girl to make Almond Joys, feed him her for a lifetime"... maybe I'll buy myself a truckload of coconut, almonds, chocolate, and sugar and start trying all those recipes on the world wide web that claim to be as good as Hershey's Almond Joys instead. I imagine with some good quality chocolate I might make some that are even better. :)  To start off, I think I'll try this one because it looks fairly simple and I must admit I'm all over sweetened condensed milk. (I don't know why, but I like it well enough I risk slicing my tongue on the sharp edges whenever I open a can.) And then, after that, I'll try this recipe because it also sounds good, seriously, it's got coconut, almonds, chocolate, what else matters in an Almond Joy? And then, I might venture a little further and add another favorite of mine, cheesecake, and I'll try this recipe.  But, in the case that I might not find a bundle of money, I'll have to sneakily save a few of the Almond Joys I had leftover from Sunday School and savor them one by one when no little girl eyes, or big husband eyes are watching.  -Yes, I handed out candy during the adult Sunday School class I taught today.  Don't you wish you were there?  :)  The lesson was on 2 Nephi (that's in The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ) chapters 1 and 2.  And with my love of Almond Joy candy I just couldn't resist when I read 2 Nephi 2:25 that says, "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy" the name of the candy tied in perfectly, and also helped with an object lesson on agency. 


Oh joy! 

By the way, I actually got a lot more true joy out of the lesson and studying these chapters than I did from eating candy, I'm always amazed at how happy, excited, bubbly and peaceful I feel all at once when I study thoroughly The Book of Mormon. I can't get enough of the scriptures, but even with my capacity to eat a lot of sugar and still feel fine, too many Almond Joys makes my throat hurt and my stomach feel...blah!