02 February 2012

Just watch them learn!

I've been thinking a lot about our relationship to our Heavenly Father.  The more I learn about being a parent the more I realize how my relationship with my Heavenly Father is.  For instance, as a parent I see my children learn something new, like taking their first step, and I really rejoice with them, and for them.  I am so happy for their tiny new baby step, and that's how the Lord sees us, isn't it? He rejoices in our tiniest triumphs, and our littlest steps to becoming what he knows we can become. As a parent, I am not disappointed that my child doesn't know how to read now, (she's five and hasn't been to any formal schooling) I'm not even a bit down about it, and I don't expect it of her now, but I do find joy in every new word she learns, and I'm super excited when she tries really hard without me having to ask/tell her to, and I have every reason to believe she'll be reading before long.  I think the Lord sees us that way, he's never disappointed at what we aren't yet, but rejoices in our efforts and each new little step we take, no matter how tiny. Of course the Lord is a perfect parent, and I am far from it, but I feel like being a parent gives me new insight to his parenting.
My girls have really been learning so much, so fast, lately.  Diliana is walking all over the place, and seeing her waddle down the hallway makes my heart giggle.  Leah is learning all sorts of acrobatics and practices constantly.  She makes me feel like dancing when I watch her spinning and twirling and jumping on one foot and then the other.  Victoria is taking off in her reading and numbers and has really taken a liking to abstract video filming. She definitely is one to notice details, and her ability to learn things by watching others is amazing to me. I wish I could have figured out how to upload a few of the better videos she's taken, some of which have definitely made me "laugh out loud," but this will have to do.  Here is "Diliana Playing With Toys," with commentary. :)
 
    Seeing my children learn new skills brings me joy, and a little sadness, because they are growing so fast.